Dental Assisting Training
Classes held in Fairfield,CA
Our 12-Week Entry Level Dental Assisting Training Program will provide dental assisting training to students as a pathway to enter the dental profession. You will have weekly coursework supplemented with weekly in-person training sessions, focused on the skills you learned during the week.
Our training program teaches students the knowledge and professionalism that it takes to be a part of the dental workforce in this exciting healthcare field. Our curriculum is designed, and taught, by dental industry experts who have identified the critical skills necessary for modern dental offices . Our accelerated course allows an interested student to acquire the basic entry-level dental assisting knowledge to begin their new career in as little as 12 weeks. We guarantee initial job placement within 4 months of graduation.
Dental Assistant Job Responsibilities
• Preparing patients for dental work.
• Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
• Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
• Assisting dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
• Providing great patient care.
• Recording treatment information in patient records.
• Exposing dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment.
• Giving patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
• Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
• Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
• Caring for dental equipment.
• Forming preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
• Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory.
• Fabricating temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
All Dental Assistant Duties including but not limited to:
Introductory oral anatomy, dental procedures, and dental disease
Chairside dental assisting
Use and care of equipment and materials
Infection Control and aseptic techniques
Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a dental clinic
X-rays (Students are required to bring in 3 patients to perform full mouth exposure in order to complete the Radiation Safety training and be eligible for their x-ray licensure)
Certifications included: Radiation Safety, Infection Control, and Basic Life Support (BLS)
Your $7500 tuition includes scrubs, class materials, clinical instruction, personal career advisor and mentor
Payment plans are available for those who qualify